Ms. Suter spends a good deal of her time in doctors’ offices helping them grow, control and enjoy greater efficiency and profitability. Earning her degree in Journalism and Public Relations, Donna has spent her entire career in business management and strategic marketing and public relations in the service and healthcare sectors. Ms. Suter has spent over two decades of those years consulting with private eyecare practitioners and putting into place strategies that increase optical profitability, staff efficiency, and overall practice revenue.
Her customized consultations are designed to enhance efficiency, increase revenue, and boost optical sales. Conducted on-site, her services also include strategies for attracting and keeping private pay patients.
She helps her clients build a reference library that supports their coaching sessions. An advocate of goal setting linked to a mission statement, Donna patiently references strategic goals while teaching tactics that lead to a happier, more profitable practice.
Donna lectures and develops programs for doctors and staff on team building, productivity, dealing with managed care patients and paperwork, patient communications, and internal and external marketing.
Education and Awards
- Master’s of Ministry – Temple Baptist Seminary
- Phi Kappa Phi
- B.A. in Journalism – Magna Cum Laude, Public Relations, University of Georgia
- 1998 Silver Quill Award of Merit, IABC – International Association of Business Communicators
- 1997 Award of Excellence (Presentation Folder Category) & Award of Merit (Booklets & Brochures Category)
- PIAS – Printing Industry Association of the South, Inc.
- 1995 Finalist, Chattanooga Chapter, National Association Woman Business Owner’s Woman of the Year
- ABO – Approved Speaker Technical, Level I and II
- NCLE – Approved Speaker Technical, Level I and II
- American Society of Ophthalmic Administrators, 1995 – present
- Advisory Board – Optometric Management and New O.D. – BCI Publications, 2001 – 2012
- Advisory Board – Ophthalmic Technician – Jobson Publishing Corporation, 1996 – 2002
- Pro Forum Participant – Transitions Optical, Inc., 2010 – 2012
- Allied Ophthalmic Professionals Program Development Committee – Southern Council of Optometrists International, LLC, 2006 – 2011
- Optical Women’s Association (OWA), 2004 – 2011
- Ophthalmic Women’s Leaders (OWL), 2004 – 2011
- Optical Women’s Association (OWA), Mentoring Committee, 2006 – 2008
- Adjunct Instructor — School of Communications, UT at Chattanooga; School of Business Administration, Southern College of Seventh-day Adventists; and School of Business, Chattanooga State College, 1993 – 1999